Tuesday 29 November 2011

Home Sweet Home


I'm almost 1/3 of the way through my first year as a doctor. I think I've been incredibly lucky in that the team I work with (on the whole) are a lovely bunch and I've really enjoyed things so far. That's not to say that it hasn't been a steep learning curve. In fact at times I've just felt like hiding under my duvet or locking myself in a cupboard and screaming. Luckily those times have been relatively few and far between.

I wasn't sure if moving home for my FY1 year was a good idea or not. At first I decided it was an awful idea and by week 2 had decided I couldn't possibly stay at home. By week 3 I had settled in a bit, and was actually really glad to be home.

It's nice to spend time with my Dad and catch up with all my home-friends. In fact it's a welcome break from medicine, and the fact that if I was living at work I'd pretty much only hang out with work people. I'm also enjoying making some new traditions with my Dad.

Pub quiz on a Wednesday is my new favourite, especially since last week the quiz included a neonatology round. You'll all be relieved to know that we won, although I did have to think twice about where blood cells are made in a foetus.

My other fav thing to do at the moment is a weekend pub-lunch with my Dad in our new fav pub. The one with the open fire and classic FM. It's also the one with a mouthwatering open steak sandwich and scrummy meat pie. It's so nice to just sit, chill out, and discuss what we'll do with our millions when we win the lottery on the next weekend.

It's going to be strange to move away in 8 months, and I've just realised how soon that will be.

Dr Sunshine xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment