Wednesday 28 September 2011

Teaching Nerves

Since starting work I have had a medical student. In fact I am on med students number 3, 4 and 5 at the moment, so as you can imagine I have done lots of informal teaching. Tomorrow I have to do my first formal med student teaching ever.

I'm a little nervous.

I think I would be less nervous if I was doing it to a lot, but I'm teaching 3 medical students basic paediatric resus (BLS, choking, recovery position...). I'm also possibly being observed doing it. As there are so few students it will be so obvious if any of them fall asleep.

I'm avoiding death-by-powerpoint by only using a couple of slides to illustrate points, but it's just after lunch so I'm fully expecting post-prandial slumps. I guess the good thing is that I can make them go through things on the resus dummies which should keep them awake.

Wish me luck!

Dr Sunshine xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment