Sunday 24 July 2011

Tomorrow

As per usual, when you want time to drag it flies past. The last 5 weeks have sped along and just as the clouds recede and the sun comes out, it's time to start work.

I'll be living at the hospital for the next week, so I'm not sure how much of a chance I'll get to blog. Needless to say I'll be giving a big run down of the whole week over the weekend. I'm at the point now where although I'm scared, I'm also really excited. I've wanted to be a doctor for so long and now I finally am one.

I'm hoping this week will be a gentle start. All tomorrow is rubbishy paperwork and hospital induction. This is soul destroying but at least means I won't have the opportunity to scare myself by seeing patients. From Tuesday we shadow the current FY1s all morning and then we have afternoon sessions on other induction things and prescribing. We even have a prescribing test (boo... hiss...!). Most excitingly they have stuff planned for us in the evening. We all know I like a good drink, but I also hope we get to do other stuff. I know there's a bowling alley near the hospital so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

This afternoon I'm packing a bag for the week. I was trying on my smart clothes and it is very clear that I have yet to lose my revision weight. Lets just say certain clothing items are more than a little snug. Fingers crossed the FY1 diet will have sorted me out after a month or so. Once it's payday I'm also joining the gym.

Anyway enough of the procrastinating. I have a bag to pack and a hospital room to arrive in.

Dr Sunshine xXx

2 comments:

  1. Good luck, you'll be awesome as usual!
    BTW - have to confess you are my TwitterGoggles too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! Can't wait to get to this point...I've got 5 years to go. Fingers crossed for you (but mainly for the bowling) xxx

    ReplyDelete